I am quite afraid of gaining weight, weight loss is a cumbersome task, obesity is far more dangerous for your health than being a little overweight. This article is for all those people who are either obese or who do not want to be obese.
Current statistics reveal that the rate of obesity is increasing manifold around the world. The ratio of obese people is higher in the developed countries than in developing countries but it is rising in developing countries too. The most prominent reason behind obesity is the use of junk food, fast food and refined food. If you are obese you would also like to know which foods you should avoid to prevent obesity, so here is a list of 30 most dangerous foods that can cause obesity.
- Fried food is certainly the first one to avoid if you are obese. French fries and many other fried foods can increase the risks of obesity, hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. French fries contain lots of calories as they contain potato and they are fried in deep oil. They should be completely avoided to lose weight.
- Refined food is another major high calorie food group. Refined food contains all those white flours, refined rice and cereals and pasta. These foods have been refined and the bran or the outer covering of the cereals, pulse or legumes have been removed. The inner part contains more calories and it is low in fiber. Use whole wheat flour for pizzas, biscuits, cookies and cakes. Whole grain pasta and whole grain crackers as well as unrefined rice are the best choice to avoid or prevent obesity.
- Processed meats like sausages, meat loaves, ham, bacon and hot dogs can cause several health complications. It has been proved from several health researches that processed meat can increase the dangers of cardiovascular diseases, obesity and cancer. Processed meat can also cause hypertension and increases your risks of developing type II diabetes. Processed meat is usually taken along with fries, mayonnaise and bun roll, these foods are also high in calories. On the whole your snack or lunch become too high in calories. Processed food usually contains lots of salt for preservation purpose. Salt tends to slow down your metabolic activity and causes weight gain.
- Soft drinks, cold drinks or soda drinks are another group of beverages that are dangerous for obese people. These drinks are nutritionally empty except for the calories that are present in the form of sugar. A glass of Pepsi contains around 250 calories and an obese person should consume no more than 1600 calories a day. Consuming 250 calories from a single glass of beverage is too much for obese people.
- Food canned in syrup or salt contains lots of sugar or sodium content, for obese people these foods are also not good for health. When fruits, vegetables or cereals are packaged in tins a syrup of sugar or salt is added to better preserve them. Sugar and salt both cause unnecessary weight gain; therefore you should avoid packaged food. You should rather eat seasonal fruits and vegetables that are available farm fresh. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as they contain several health benefits.
- Whole milk products contain saturated fat that can raise your cholesterol level and weight. You should better drink low fat or skimmed milk and use low fat and skimmed milk products. Today low fat milk and low fat milk products are easily available in the markets. Skimmed and low fat milk contains all the benefits of milk except calories.
- Sugary food like sweets, desserts, candies, and cakes are contributing a lot to obesity in the developed countries. Their consumption is high in children as well as in adults. Sugar is one of the most important reasons behind the obesity crisis in the world.
- Junk food is the cheapest food available today. Kids and adults enjoy junk food more than any other type of food. Junk food is cheap for your pocket but expensive for your heart and body. Our access to junk food has become increasingly easy and today junk food is available everywhere even in schools and colleges. Junk food should be banned in schools so that children do not develop a culture of consuming junk food in routine.
- Salad dressings are another very fatty foods that we all love to consume. There are varieties of salads available in the market that contain cheese, butter, cream, albumin, egg yolk and or mayonnaise. Most of the ingredients used in preparing salad dressings include saturated fats in their composition. These foods cause weight gain readily and they should not be used, instead you should use low fat salad dressings or simple olive oil to improve the taste of salads.
- High sodium diet also causes water retention in body and doctors and nutritionists recommend least use of sodium in food if you want to lose weight.
i found ur article quite informative and helpfull, no doubt obessity is one of the major issues in our yuth which has to be solved at the right time with the right precautions. thumbs up!!!
it wud ve been greater if u had examplified high sodium food as well.
the actual dodgy nerfs had been necessary, admit it.
[url=http://twodaysaleaf.blogger.hu/]bee pollen weight loss[/url]