A research is a comprehensive task and it requires great effort as a researcher on your part. The first thing that determines the success of your research is your research topic. A good research topic should have the following qualities.
- Clarity is the most important quality of any research topic. The topic should have to be clear so that others can easily understand the nature of your research. The research topic should have a single interpretation so that people cannot get distracted. The topic should have to be very clear in your mind so that you can properly undertake it. The research topic should have to be free of any ambiguity. Clarity also means that the research topic should have to be directional and it should set the whole research methadology.
- Well-defined and well-phrased research topic is a half guarantee of a successful research. Sometimes researchers phrase the research topic in such a way that it gives a double-barrelled impression. The research topic should have to be well-defined and well-phrased and it should have to be easy to understand. it should have a single meaning.
- The language of the research topic should have to be simple. You should use technical terms only when it is necessary, otherwise use simple words so that everyone can understand it. keep the ethics of writing in your mind to avoid any unethical term or sentence. Do not introduce any sort of bias directly or indirectly, willingly or unwillingly in the research problem or research topic.
- The titling of the research problem should follow the rules of titling. there are various rules of titling. You can either use a sentence case or a title case but most of the titles follow title case. Read the rules of titling titles before writing it down.
- Current importance should also be the consideration of the researcher while selecting a research topic. An obsolete topic will not be beneficial for anyone the topic should have current importance. You should also assess how much the topic will provide benefit to the field in which you are conducting the study.